Does your organization have a digital adoption plan? Are you focusing on your digital and IT strategy and/or transformation in a way that will help you to push your business forward?
Plenty of organizations don’t seem to understand the importance of mapping out what digital adoption they’re currently using, and what technology they will need in the future. It helps you understand what your current IT infrastructure can manage and whether it can support your business goals and objectives.
Below, we talk about the benefits of having a digital adoption plan for your organization, and how mapping out your options can give you a clear idea of where and how to start.
What is a Digital Adoption Plan?
A digital adoption plan helps you deliver a long-term digital and IT strategy which helps to change your organization’s IT infrastructure and applications. Even if a full-blown digital transformation isn’t in the cards right away, a plan helps you map out what you need for your business – not just for today, but for the future, too.
It is an internal governing document that helps you to understand how technology will support your business strategy. It documents the strategic direction that you want your business to go in and helps make sure that the technology you have in place can support those business goals well into the future.
Did you know you might be eligible for up to $15,000 towards your digital adoption plan roadmap? As a Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) approved CDAP Digital Advisor, we can show you how. Book a Wingman today.
Functions of a Digital Adoption Plan
A good digital adoption plan has several functions, such as:
- Assessing the skills and capabilities of your team and how that relates to technology
- Building a customized, prioritized list of initiatives and projects you need to undertake to ensure that your digital infrastructure can support your business goals
- Auditing your digital and IT infrastructure and application layers to best practices and industry standards
- Building a gap analysis between your business’s strategic needs and the current state of your infrastructure and application layers
- Understanding the estimated costs and duration for each of the projects being proposed
- Securing executive sponsorship for your technology roadmap
Top 4 Functions of a Digital Adoption Plan
There are four primary functions of a digital adoption plan:
- Its designed to help get your organization’s executives and IT professionals on the same page.
- Helps your IT leaders facilitate a discussion around investing in technology and hold value-based conversations to help executives see that, by spending time and money to upgrade the organization’s technology later, you can be in a better position to reach your overall business goals and objectives.
- Can be used by your IT department to plan out technology infrastructure improvements that will help anticipate resourcing needs, plan assignments, choose the right solutions and vendors (if needed), and understand the costs that are needed.
- Helps leaders clearly understand what current projects are being worked on, so they can know what’s being delivered and when. It also helps these functional leaders be strategic when requesting new technology or asking for improvements to current infrastructure.
7 Benefits of a Digital Adoption Plan
Engaging in a digital adoption plan can provide your organization with seven key benefits:
- Create a clear picture of your technology infrastructure capabilities and how they align with your business goals.
- Address any current technology issues.
- Save costs by removing the unnecessary and inefficient applications and technology.
- Increase productivity by implementing the right digital solutions that meet your needs.
- Improve your IT security.
- Avoid significant system failures by learning of any weaknesses within your technology infrastructure.
- Resolve any conflicts around priorities business wide.
In addition to the 7 points above, a digital adoption plan can also help your leadership team be more strategic when making investment decisions or managing digital transformation projects. You will be better prepared for discussions when new digital projects or initiatives are recommended.
Don’t know where to get started? When you book a Wingman, you’ll receive a recommended list of must-do, should-do, and could-do tactics to improve your digital framework. A recommendation isn’t worth much without properly vetted timelines and estimated investment levels so of course, that is included too.
Book a Wingman Today for a Free Digital Adoption Plan Consultation
There is no doubt that technology is critical to your business today. Organizations need to adopt a digital-minded strategy to be able to thrive. But it’s essential that technology is deployed correctly. And more specifically, you shouldn’t start without a solid digital adoption plan in hand.
If you feel that your current technology infrastructure might be holding your organization back from reaching your goals and objectives, it may be time to invest in a digital adoption plan, like what Wingman can provide you. Contact us today and we can show you how to make your technology work harder and smarter for you.
PS: Secure your $15,000 Canada Digital Adoption Grant today
Did you know you can get up to $15,000 grant towards your digital adoption plan…and an interest free loan up to $100,000 and a hiring subsidy to implement it? Ask us about the Canada Digital Adoption Plan and Boost Your Business Technology Grant. Wingman is an approved CDAP Digital Advisor partner of Canada’s Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada. Only an approved CDAP Digital Advisor can help you access the CDAP grant to approve your plan through the program.
Book a Wingman today to discuss how we can help.