Work with a Wingman to create an effective marketing strategy for your electrical business.
Starting an electrical business today is not what it was 20, 10 or even five years ago. No longer is it enough to rely on word-of-mouth referrals to grow your business. Today, most referrals and business connections happen online.
Have you put thought into a digital marketing strategy for your electrical company? You likely have a website and maybe even a social media presence, but reaping the benefits of digital advertising also requires a results-oriented marketing strategy.
We get it, you have a lot on your plate providing outstanding customer service to clients requiring electrical work. Adding full-time marketing efforts onto your plate is a big ask — so is fronting the money to hire and train an in-house marketing team.
Rather, outsourcing your marketing needs is a practical alternative. At Wingman, we ensure you never have to navigate the world of digital marketing alone. Rather, our crew of experts will work with you to develop a unique strategy geared towards expanding your electrical business.
Read on to learn a few marketing ideas for electricians, and how Wingman can make the difference in helping your small business take flight.
Choose a Customer Relations Management System
What is your system for tracking your customer journey through the sales funnel? We often see clients using confusing spreadsheets or pen and paper — neither solution providing the organization and user-friendliness of a Customer Relations Management, or CRM, system.
There are many benefits to using a CRM system:
- Track your quote, job, invoice, contact information and payment history all in one place. Not only will this help keep your team organized and able to deliver outstanding customer service, but onboarding new employees will be much easier.
- Store detailed notes and photos that relate to the client’s specific issue. In the event that a customer has a follow-up question or an additional issue, any member of your team will be able to check the customer’s file and know what work has already been done.
- Maintain a list of clients you have worked with in the past. Did you know it is more expensive to onboard new customers than keep old ones? A CRM system can help you connect with previous clients about upcoming offers and services or send follow-up emails asking for a referral or review.
At WMDM, we will weigh the pros and cons of the different CRM system options out there to help you find the best platform for your needs.
Have a Strong Social Media Presence
It may feel like every small business is trying to capitalize on the potential benefits of social media marketing — especially as we live in a truly digital age. However, did you know that as the popularity of using social media has increased, the effectiveness of organic searches has decreased?
Our skilful crew at WMDM can ensure your electrical company’s social media marketing stands out from the competition by:
- Crafting strategic social media campaigns that capture the attention of your target audience. Our team uses data to create social media campaigns that will resonate with your ideal customer, build a community following and establish your electrical company as a trusted business.
- Taking advantage of paid advertising. It’s incredibly difficult to make an impact with social media marketing without complementing a strategic campaign with paid advertisements. Paid advertisements have a higher chance of reaching homeowners who need electrical services and will also serve to peak a prospect’s interest in visiting your Facebook page or Instagram feed to learn more about your company.
Refresh Your Website
Your website design is often the first impression a potential client will have with your brand. Not only is it important to have a user-friendly site that is eye-catching and aesthetically pleasing, but your website also needs to usher prospects through the sales funnel.
Our crew can help you create a professional and functional website that will enable clients to:
- Find your electrical company’s website easily. Don’t get lost in the millions of results when a prospect is searching for an electrician to solve their home’s wiring issues. Our team will ensure your website is optimized for search engines so that you’re site is easy to find.
- Understand your electrical company’s services, values and history. Most consumers take their time researching a few different companies before inquiring for a quote. Make it easy for leads to become clients through a transparent and approachable website.
- Quickly trust you can deliver the solution to their problem. The sooner prospects can have their questions about your company answered by your website, the quicker they will have trust in your electrical business and want to hire you.
Utilize SEO and Content Marketing
Content that is informed by SEO, such as blogs and articles included in your website, benefit the growth of your electrical company by:
- Increasing your website’s ranking. SEO is essentially how a search engine knows that your content is helpful and trustworthy. By gearing content towards what a prospect is looking for, your site is more likely to appear higher up in a Google search.
- Establishing brand authority and trust in your electrical company. Any industry that works in people’s homes requires building a lot of trust with their clients. One way to build this trust is through providing helpful content that answers some of your clients’ frequently asked questions — which is also an opportunity to illustrate your business’ expertise.